31 December 2011

Dave Efflandt's Bio

My name is Dave Efflandt, and I am originally from Moline, Illinois. I have been married to my high school sweetheart, Sarah, for 15 years, and we have two children: Austin, who is nine, and Isabella, who is eight. I am currently in my first year as an M.Div student at Wartburg Theological Seminary.

And now it’s time for a bit of information from my pre-seminary life. I have a B.A. in Music Education from the University of Minnesota, as well as a M.Ed. in Education from California State University, San Marcos. I taught middle school band and choir for the past 12 years, both in the Bay Area, as well as in Southern California. I was also on staff at my church as a minister of music for seven years, and as the interim youth minister for about six months.

My wife, Sarah, has a doctorate in materials science engineering, with an emphasis on biomedical application, and she worked for a company called Guidant, where she was a senior research engineer in the production of stints…in short, I have married WAY up. Sarah and I have traveled internationally in the past, visiting Italy and Greece, though I am very excited to visit Iceland!

Thank you God for a chance to visit new places, and meet new people. Please bless all of us as we travel, and comfort those who we leave behind. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment