15 December 2011

Zachariah Shipman Introduction

I was born in Wurtsmith Air Force Base (which no longer exists) in 1988. My father is in the Air Force serving as a Chaplain (pastor in the military). Due to this job, I have never lived anywhere longer than three and a half years. I have lived mainly in the United States, specifically in California, South Carolina, 2 places in Ohio, 3 places in Michigan, North Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa. I have been to Germany, Turkey, and I lived in the Azores for a year and a half. My Bachelor's Degree is in Economics which I received from Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. I am in my second year of seminary currently. I met my wife during summer Greek of my first year of seminary. We were married this past August. I enjoy playing futbol (soccer), table tennis (ping pong), ultimate frisbee, and racquetball. My hobbies include guitar, reading, board games, video games, and crocheting. I am very excited about going to Iceland and I am especially excited about meeting our hosts and the people of Iceland!

God, I ask that you would prepare the hearts of those of us going on this trip and those receiving us. God, please allow for safe travel to and from Iceland. Please allow for this trip to be a wonderful learning experience for those traveling to Iceland and also for those receiving us. I ask that lasting relationships be formed in love during this entire experience. Thank you for all that you have blessed us with, God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment