29 December 2011

Who is Matt Barnhouse?

Hi, my name is Matt Barnhouse and I am a 2nd year M-Div. student at Wartburg Theological Seminary. My wife Heather and I recently celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. We have been blessed with four beautiful and healthy children. Matt, an eighteen year old intellectual that has always been responsible and loves to play baseball. Derek, a fifteen year old that loves football and has a heart that is as soft as his mothers. Ryan, our comedian who has always done his own thing, will be thirteen in May. And Megan, our feisty, but loving angel, who has more spirituality and love for God than many adults I know. She is ten going on thirty.
I have a BS in Business Management/Marketing and have over 15 years of business related work experience.  My most recent position was for a Fortune 500 printing/publishing company where I was a Sr. Sales Executive. I grew up in a small Midwest farm community of which much of my family still resides. I feel blessed to be able to relate and be comfortable around many types of people, from farmers and manufacturers to executives and professionals.
Much of my travels have been in the United States. However, I have had the opportunity to visit Canada, the Caribbean, and South America. Prior to seminary my family and I lived in the beautiful state of Colorado and dream of returning to the area after graduation.  I love exploring nature and enjoy fishing, camping, and hiking. My wife and I also dream of exploring/traveling/visiting family via motorcycle someday (A.K.A. an HD FLHTC).   
I look forward to meeting the people of Iceland with great anticipation and excitement. I have heard wonderful things about our gracious hosts, as well as the culture and scenery of the country.  What a blessing to be part of such a wonderful opportunity!

Thank you God, for the opportunity to meet new people and explore your creation in far away places. Keep us and our families safe and close to you during every step of this new journey. Enlighten us, challenge us, and refresh us as you continue to shape us into the leaders you have called each of us to be. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment