05 January 2014

And last but not least: Kelsie!

Hey y'all! 

Paul and I at my graduation from TLU
My name is Kelsie Theiss, married to the previously mentioned Paul Theiss, and I am a first year M. Div. student at WTS. I'm from Goliad, Texas and have come to Dubuque via Texas Lutheran University in Seguin, Texas. In my time at TLU, I traveled to Greece, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Poland. I also have gotten to spend time in Mexico throughout my childhood and some time in London in high school. At TLU, I earned a BA in Psychology, with minors in Dramatic Media and Theology...interesting combinations, huh?

When I'm not reading for school, I'm reading anyway...I'm a bookworm. Sci-Fi and Fantasy are my favorite genres, so I loved reading the Icelandic Sagas. I also love to cook, play games, watch Doctor Who, crafting, knitting, crocheting, embroidery, singing (I was in the TLU Choirs) and dancing when we can find the time and the right music.

 We have an awesome guinea pig named Nutmeg, that great friends at WTS have graciously taken in during our travels in Dec and Jan. I've really enjoyed my time at WTS, and cannot wait to see what else it has in store...especially this trip!

Gracious God, 
Protect us on this journey. Open our eyes, ears, minds, and hearts to see and feel you working through the church throughout the world. Grant us, Lord, your presence to help us through this time of fun, laughter, new adventures, and time away from family. Help us to dwell in you in our time abroad. Bless those who are housing us, and grant them peace throughout our stay and forevermore. In your heavenly name, 
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment