04 January 2014

Hola! Buenos tardes, here is a brief intro to me: Paul Theiss

Howdy Y'all!!!!

     My name is Paul Theiss, and I was born and raised in the great country of Texas, in the city of Seguin. I have grown up spending most of my time outdoors hunting, fishing, gardening, making music, playing games and working. Currently, however, I have recently immigrated to the Northern Tundra known as Dubuque Iowa where I am attending the wonderful Wartburg Theological Seminary. I live with my wife, Kelsie Theiss, and our Guinea Pig, Nutmeg. Before the move I was working as a roofer during the day, and playing music around the New Braunfels area (a city to our north) with a great friend named Daniel Thomas Phipps, in his band called the Kinfolk (look him up, his stuff is really good). But now that we have moved I sit inside staring out at our frozen world longing for the days back in Texas... Just kidding... but its partially true.
    I graduated from Texas Lutheran University with a B.A. in Theology. During my time in school I was in the band, involved with Campus ministry, social and honors fraternities, playing percussion for the TLU choir, and traveling. In my free time I stayed involved with the hunting, fishing and gardening. I had the privilege of traveling each of my four years and the destinations included Mexico's border and Yucatan peninsula, Costa Rica, Southern Africa including Namibia, Botswana, and South Africa, Austria and Hungry. Each trip was filled with exploration, fun, adventures, challenges, and of course learning.
   Which speaking of travels, I AM GOING TO ICELAND!!! obviously, but hey, its exciting. Am I looking forward to this? YES! for one reason, it's warmer the temperature is closet to Texas' temp. than here in Dubuque. Another, its home to old old stories, and I love stories! I hear the people are wonderful, and I love meeting people. Plus its an adventure, and who doesn't love a great adventure. All in all, I can't wait. Oh and not to mention the foods that will be new to me.

Gracious God, as we prepare to leave this place, our homes, and our families, we ask for safe journeys from Iowa to Iceland. We thank you for this opportunity, and for those who are willing to take strangers into their home. May this trip be a blessing in our lives, and theirs, in the near future and throughout our lives. Amen
    

No comments:

Post a Comment