07 January 2018

God Made the Automobile



Ever since we left Dubuque , I feel as if the true unspoken hero of the experience so far has been the automobile . The roads out here ( as well as back home ) are always covered in ice and snow and sometimes are quite dangerous . It appears that no matter how tough the conditions may be , we end up at our destination. Without the automobile , it would take us an incredible amount of time to cover the ground that we have traveled , and to bring us each to each into presence of friends we had yet to meet . Between the new experiences : foods like lamb and AB milk; sights like waterfalls and rock formations ; music like Icelandic hymns and lullabies , there are always neighbors to show me more about myself than I could find out on my own . I am never one to pass up an opportunity , so I've had the chance to snuff tobacco with Gunnar , play "house of the rising sun " with Ingólfer and eat fish jerky with a carload of people, as well as taste my new favorite drink "malt og appelsín" . This is all a humble reminder that the world , even with the invention of the automobile is an incredibly vast place with experiences beyond my imagination. We are only a short way into the trip , but every time we jump into these automobiles , I know that another experience lies just ahead .

Creator of distance ,
Thank you for the opportunity that is your creation. in the vast expanse of land in sky , I find myself enjoying life and it's  experiences . I find great distance between me and who I can be in you , and although it gets shorter with each passing day and mile ( or kilometer), I can enjoy it in the company of friends in the automobile .  Thank you for the automobile so that I can appreciate more than those before me , and for getting us home .
Amen .

No comments:

Post a Comment