13 January 2018

Perspective Shift

Each person does see the world in a different way. There is not a single, unifying, objective truth. We're all limited by our perspective. - Siri Hustvedt

When one travels to a foreign country, often the view of the world changes a person's perspective.



This entire trip I have been in awe of the view while driving by the mountains. The Iceland landscape is sparsely filled with little houses with a background draped in massive mountains.



As we have been sipping coffee and tea in various houses and churches, my perspective of what it means to be a Christian has changed as well.

In my last blog, I talked about intentionality within ministry. I now have started to shift my thinking to what sort of perspective I am viewing the church at.

As I start to develop my own place in ministry it is important for me to keep the gospel in perspective. How am I preaching the gospel to a wide variety of people whose perspectives vary greatly?

I feel as though I am a house standing at the foot of a mountain. I am one person in a sea of Christians. Taking this perspective into consideration I hope to better be able to understand how I can take a variety of traditions, beliefs and translations and develop a dialogue between all of these people.

It is a perspective of understanding the individual yet considering the community.

Peace,
Coco


No comments:

Post a Comment