15 January 2010

Grieving

I haven't had time to fully collect my thoughts here on this final day in Iceland. Our plane leaves today for Boston, where our group will split up, 2 travelling on to D.C. while the rest of us head back to the frozen midwest. As a preliminary thought, I just want to say that my experience of this group in Iceland has been a huge blessing. We saw magnificent sites together; we ate like royalty together; we laughed like a bunch of fools together; and we cried together at the loss of Wartburg classmate Ben Larson. I am so grateful to have been part of this small band of people for the past two weeks. I cherish each of you.

There's much more to say, of course, and so much to reflect on about the trip specifically, so many more thanks to pour out to our hosts in Iceland. But as I said, it's our last day here - there is much packing to do. More to come when we reach the other side of the pond.

Bless!

Rob

2 comments:

  1. It was delightful to have you here. I enjoyed every moment of it. Made new friends and was able to get to know you a little better. Wartburg has a very special place in our hearts, so you are always welcome to our house. I hope that the program gave you some insight of the Icelandic National Church, the culture and a "taste" of our Nationality. Be sure to contact me if you ever plan a trip on your own to Iceland.
    We will keep you in our prayers.

    Gunnar & Þóra

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have theological training centre good for foreigners to study
    from
    JOemario
    Nigeria

    ReplyDelete