16 January 2012

Back Home

The end of the trip came upon me as quite a surprise. It seemed as though we were getting on the fly bus and heading towards the airport before I really had a chance to say goodbye. I have a feeling that this trip will have lasting effects on my life as a pastor. We had a chance to see many different faces of the Lutheran Church in Iceland, and how they are dealing with the same adversities that we face here in the States.

Coming home is bittersweet...I missed my family very much while I was away, but the hospitality that was shown to me by my host family made it difficult to leave. I will be forever grateful for that generosity, and hope that one day I might be able to repay the favor.

This post is much shorter than the others, as I need a little time and distance to process all that took place during my time there, and I'm sure that there will be times in the future when something will remind me of my time in Iceland.

More to come soon...


Lord,

Thank you so very much for the many blessings that you have shown to my family.
Thank you for a safe return to my home.
Please continue to be with myself and the others as we process our time in Iceland.
Please help me to use these experiences to grow in faith.
Thank you for putting others in my path to challenge my thinking about your will in the world.
Please continue to bless and comfort the host families, and be with them as their lives return to normal.
Thank you for keeping my family safe and healthy during my absence from them.
Thank you for the opportunity to see your work in the world.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment