11 January 2016

Greetings from Katie :)

Hello! My name is Katie. I'm one of the seminarians on this trip. I'm in my second year at Wartburg, pursuing a Master of Divinity degree with hopes to be a pastor.

I am from Iowa -- the only one in the group who can truly call Iowa home! :) I come from a large family, and enjoy spending time with my nieces and nephews, sisters and brother-in-laws, and parents. We're a pretty tight knit group of people, and even though I don't get to go home very often, I am always happy to see my family.

Previous to seminary, I was a graphic designer, among a few others things while discerning God's calling in my life.

I am excited to see what this journey holds. So far, the hospitality we've received has been immense. There's truly something to be said for the coffee, too!

Gracious God, we give you thanks for the journeys and paths to which you call us. Guide us on this journey as we learn about your work in the Nordic Lands. Open our hearts and our minds to the ways in which you work in these lands and these people. Help us to be good stewards of the gift that this experience is to us. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment