01 January 2016

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! 

My name is Robin Luckey, and I am grateful to be part of the January, 2016 Wartburg Seminary cohort traveling to Iceland and Norway. 

I grew up near Chicago and moved to Seattle after college. I spent the last 25 years in the mountains, rainforest, and high desert of the west coast of the U.S., in Washington State.  I’m married to Michael, and we have a 14 year-old son named Jackson. They are amazing and very funny people! 

Before entering seminary, I worked as a funeral director. I never imagined I would like to care for the dead and their families, but listening to people tell stories about their loved ones, and helping families to mourn was wonderful work. Before that, I worked as a social worker and a studio assistant for artists. I am not a musician, but I enjoy music, and I’m slowly learning to play the ukulele. I enjoy looking for what God is doing in the church and in the world.  

In two days we will leave for our grand adventure to Iceland and Norway. What a wonderful way to begin this new year! I’m thankful to God for this opportunity. I’m excited for good conversation, new food, and experiencing the beauty of the people and places we will meet! 


Gracious God, You give us everything we need and more. Thank you for the ways You surprise us with Your love. Bless our conversations and our interactions with each other.  Prepare our hearts to meet You in unexpected places in the days to come and the year ahead. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete