29 January 2016

Photos of Iceland

I love photography. It's one of my spiritual practices and something I greatly enjoy doing for fun.

Iceland was a photographer's paradise. The seemingly ever-changing landscape made drives interesting (when I wasn't sleeping anyway...), and I found several places where I was able to get some good photos of nature. We visited several natural places in Iceland, from Gullfoss (the largest natural waterfall in Europe) to the lighthouse at Reykjanesviti, and the Bridge Between the Continents, which is the place where two tectonic plates are separating in the Earth's crust.

Here are some photos from those places.

Gullfoss Waterfall. 

A geyser erupting

A geyser about to erupt. I'm still amazed I got this photo...

Fully erupted geyser.

The land around Bridge Between the Continents

Standing on the North American side, looking down into the canyon.

The bridge

The coastline near the lighthouse.

More coastline

The water and the sun made for a perfect photography session.

The amazing coastline

The lighthouse with a power plant on the left and a hot spring on the right.

The coastline at Keflavik

The ocean at Vogur.

The ocean at Vogur.

Amazing God, Your creation is beautiful. Thank you for the amazing opportunity to go to Iceland and to take photos of the beauty You have created. Help us to become better stewards of the creation You have made. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment