03 January 2016

Greetings from Kristi Grieder!

Hi, my name is Kristi Grieder and I will be participating in the J-term trip to Iceland and Norway!

I am originally from Mankato, Minnesota but I also call Omaha, Nebraska and Northeastern Iowa "home." I am a 2nd-year student pursuing my Master's of Divinity Degree from Wartburg Theological Seminary. I am married to my best friend, Jonathan. He is a high school social studies teacher. We enjoy reading, spending time in nature, playing cards and board games, and spending time with family and friends.

Before seminary, I worked at a nonprofit resource center that provided health services for people in need. I also worked as a cashier in retail department stores and therefore, can say I have worked with thousands of people. ;)

I am eager to see what this adventure will hold. I hope to be present to the people and places we meet, to pay attention to the beauty that I see, and to be open to the experiences that will challenge me and help me grow as a person and pastor. Please join us in this journey as we share our reflections and joys from the Nordic Lands!

Gracious God, Open our eyes so that we may see beauty and behold your presence. Open our hands to receive this gift of travel and connect to others. Open our hearts so that we may embrace new places and the journey to which we are called. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment